Search This Blog

Accidentally Me by Kim Karras

Thursday, October 6, 2016


WANTED: Pretend stalker. No experience required. Tall, dark, and quirky preferred. Sabrina is desperate to go to her dream college, but her parents want her to stay close to home. If she wants to maintain her perfect child image, Sabrina must break rules that even her rebel sister keeps . ..

Goodreads Summary

I don't think it would ever occur to me to pay someone to stalk me (talk about creativity). Sabrina wants to go to CalTech despite her parents wanting her to stick around home. She concocts a foolish and entertaining charade to have a boy "stalk" her so that she can convince her parents that her safety is compromised and that she should go to CalTech. She hasn't felt loved by her parents or family because of the circumstances of her birth. To me, it seemed like she just didn't realize that they cared for her even in a quiet way. 

This book was one big great disaster for Sabrina. As soon as I read the plot and got beyond the first few pages I knew that her plans were likely to go awry, but I never guessed how much! The tone of the book is humorous and light and carries all the way through. Sabrina's character, though zany, was fun and easy to like. I even got to like her pretend "stalker." I sympathized with Sabrina. Although I'm a little older than her, I still feel badly whenever I go against my family's wishes (not often!). I enjoyed the ending and was sad to see the last of Sabrina...who knows, maybe there will be a second!

4 Stars

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ

0 comments: