Search This Blog

Death's Academy by Mike Bast

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Death’s Academy entrance exam for Midnight Smith is quickly approaching. There’s just one problem: Midnight is the worst exam taker the academy has ever seen. If Midnight wants to ever step foot inside the school, he’ll have to join forces with the hated Guardian Angels, and together face the deadliest creatures in the world—the dreaded Unicorns. Becoming a Grim Reaper has never been more hilarious! 

Goodreads Summary


Everyone has those bad test days...but Midnight has bad test days all the time!  I can't imagine deciding to become a reaper when I get older so I really enjoyed learning what the job entails.  I liked the author's comical insertions and descriptions.  The book was not constantly funny but had just enough humor that the Death's Academy was hard to put down.  I really enjoyed Midnight (Night's) character.  He suffered from the problem that a lot of us students have: discipline.  He really reminded me of myself, at times.  I think a lot of school-aged children can relate to this character.

The scenes were fast-paced and the dreaded Unicorns were both unusual and fascinating.  I wasn't entirely sure if Midnight would end up passing his exam and I really enjoyed the ending.  This book is ideal for middle grade readers.

3 1/2 Stars

Find this book:

Amazon

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews. COPYRIGHT © 2014 LIVE TO READ

0 comments: