Search This Blog

Arcane Circle by Linda Robertson

Sunday, March 3, 2013


Even magic can’t solve everything. . . . After facing down the forces of Fairy in mortal combat, Persephone Alcmedi still must deal with the aftermath. Not only does Seph now possess deadly secrets she must hide from the arcane and mundane world alike, but the dozens of magical creatures who’ve taken up residence behind her cornfield need food and shelter, and there’s still her foster daughter Beverly’s tenth birthday party to plan.

And that’s not all. . . . Seph’s boyfriend Johnny has revealed himself as the wærewolf Domn Lup, and the ruler of the wære world is en route from Romania to make sure Johnny really is the “king” he claims to be. But Johnny’s hiding a dangerous secret: his magic is locked in his mysterious tattoos. He and Seph must find a way for him to reclaim it—fast—despite those who have no intention of letting Johnny gain his full powers. Seph knows that, in the arcane world, strength is always a necessity and power must be constantly proven, but how far is she willing to go to succeed . . . and at what cost?

Goodreads Summary


This book is my favorite out of the whole Persephone Alcmedi series! Arcane Circle is the fourth installment and I cannot tell you how much of a thrill this one is. Seph and Johnny have the spotlight in this book and I love them together. They’re like peanut butter and jelly (which is my favorite food). Out of all the paranormal type books, werewolves are my favorite. I think that’s why I’m in love with this one the most. I don’t know why, but if I were to pick any type of paranormal guy, I’d go for the werewolf hands down.  It is recommended that the reader first pick up the first few books in the series; unless they have a good grasp of the plot, it is easy to become lost in the action.

The plotline had twists and turns everywhere; I loved it! I was kept on my toes the whole time and never skipped or skimmed a page. It was definitely a surprise considering I gave the other books almost the same plotline critique. Someone mysterious comes around that the reader will never suspect and that’s one of the surprises I really enjoyed. The ending isn’t like the other endings nowadays that feel like “Hey, I know! Let’s have the last paragraph/sentence be a huge cliffhanger! My fans will love that!” Arcane Circle is a book you need to read, I’m certainly going to reread it.

5/5 stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository



This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

0 comments: