Search This Blog

Unremembered by: Jessica Brody

Monday, January 14, 2013

The only thing worse than forgetting her past... is remembering it.

When Freedom Airlines flight 121 went down over the Pacific Ocean, no one ever expected to find survivors. Which is why the sixteen-year-old girl discovered floating among the wreckage—alive—is making headlines across the globe.


Even more strange is that her body is miraculously unharmed and she has no memories of boarding the plane. She has no memories of her life before the crash. She has no memories period. No one knows how she survived. No one knows why she wasn’t on the passenger manifest. And no one can explain why her DNA and fingerprints can’t be found in a single database in the world.

Crippled by a world she doesn’t know, plagued by abilities she doesn’t understand, and haunted by a looming threat she can’t remember, Seraphina struggles to piece together her forgotten past and discover who she really is. But with every clue only comes more questions. And she’s running out of time to answer them.

Her only hope is a strangely alluring boy who claims to know her from before the crash. Who claims they were in love. But can she really trust him? And will he be able to protect her from the people who have been making her forget?


From popular young adult author, Jessica Brody comes a mesmerizing and suspenseful new series, set in a world where science knows no boundaries, memories are manipulated, and true love can never be forgotten.

Goodreads Summary




Unremembered is about a 16 year-old girl who survived in a plane crash that she doesn’t even remember. Actually, she doesn’t remember anything about her past life, not even her name. Everyone decides to call her Violet because that’s the exact color of her eyes. No one seems to know where she’s from.  She’s just one big mystery. Since no one knows where Violet is from, she is placed in a foster unit. The family is warm, caring, and the brother was an awesome side character. One day, a boy comes knocking on her door and says he knows who she is and that he loves her. This is the turning point in the book and a lead-in to one of the most exciting scenes in the novel!  It turns out her name is Sera and the his name is Zen. She’s wary of believing him at first, but after a while Violet warms up to him.

I loved this book! The mystery was carried out just right. Sometimes, I could figure out what was going to happen, but most of the time I was wrong and the book went in a completely different direction. The side characters all grew on me, I fell in love with every single one of them, and the plot had twists and turns; I thought to myself “Oh, she’s going to do this and the end will be that”, but I was always proven wrong. I love books like that! Everything moved at a great pace, nothing was too slow or fast and I never got bored. If you’re looking for heated romance, this book isn’t really for you. I’m not saying there isn’t anything going on with Zen and Sera, it’s definitely there, it’s just not the main focus. This is my second Jessica Brody book and she is an author that doesn’t disappoint. I’m definitely a fan of hers and would love to review more books from her!

4 stars

*Reviewed by Rachel*


Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository




This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle said...:

    Love your review! I want to read this one really bad, just wish it was coming out sooner :(

  1. That type of romance is actually what I prefer. When a romance is the sole focus of a book, there are only so many things the author can do (they get together, or they don't, or they get together and then break up). I like plots where anything can happen.

    I like that you said it's unpredictable. I sometimes get frustrated with books because they either do exactly what I think they will, or the author throws out some completely random option that doesn't make sense within the story, just for the sake of being unpredictable. Finding the balance between the two is a talent I truly appreciate in authors.

  1. Short and simple comment: I am getting more and more excited to read this book with every review that I read. Unpredictable, mysterious, suspenseful, a little bit of romance but not the main focus of the story. A good and loving family that cares. Siblings that care about one another. Unremembered seems like it might just have it all and I am so stinkin ready to get my hands on it! Ok, so that wasn't as short as I intended. Sorry! Great review!

  1. Adira said...:

    This book sort of reminds me of that cheezy superhero movie, Hancock in the fact that the girl can't remember anything and only one person remembers her. I want to read this book after seeing your review.