Search This Blog

Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo & Natalie Zaman

Saturday, June 2, 2012
Hades, the god of the underworld, forces bickering frenemies Meg and Shar to become special-assignment Sirens. Finding the delicate balance between their old and new responsibilities turns out to be harder than they expected, especially when an entire pantheon of Greek deities decides to get involved.

Goodreads Summary


Shar and Meg are two very unlikely friends.  Meg is very much a Goth while Shar is more sweetness and life.  They fight all of the time, but try to get along for the most part.  They are having a particularly bad fight when they push a guy in right in front of a subway train.  Understandably, this doesn't go well and the girls find themselves in front of Hades.  Hades is actually rather mild, but he does have one request.  He will make them sirens and they must guide a man to the Underworld, a man Hades himself is having difficulty with.  The girls don't think too much of this request until they meet the unsuspecting fellow...and discover he is blind and deaf.  The task suddenly became much more difficult, can the sirens pull this off or will the gods forever laugh at them?

The girls are the main characters and will keep the reader laughing most of the time.  The events are hysterical and at least one of the girls is funny most of the time.  The book is funny, exciting, and interesting.  There is plenty of fashion mixed with Greek mythology, female readers will enjoy this book in particular.  Hades is a funny character.  He is charismatic and sexy, but a huge trickster.  He helps push the plot along with his antics and sexy dialogue.  Overall, this was a great start to a funny series, young adult and teen readers will enjoy this book.

4 Stars

Nat: When not playing with pointed objects, Natalie Zaman is usually writing. She lives in central New Jersey with her family and several fine looking chickens.

http://nataliezaman.com/
http://nataliezaman.blogspot.com/


Char: Lover of sparkly things, Char doesn't have as many shoes as she'd like, but wouldn't have time to wear them anyway with her three boys, husband, cat with issues, demented squirrels and insistent characters all demanding her time. She is represented by Natalie Lakosil of the Bradford Literary Agency and is hoping to get all her characters into print just so they'll be quiet.
http://www.charlottebennardo.com/
http://charlotteebennardo.blogspot.com/


http://thesirenz.com/

http://www.charlottebennardo.com/
http://www.charlotteebennardo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: charbennardo

The SIRENZ Series
by Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman
Sirenz
Sirenz: Back in Fashion
http://www.thesirenz.com/

Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository

This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

12 comments:

  1. Unknown said...:

    I WANT TO READ THIS BOOK! It sounds like up my alley! Thanks for sharing it, I will be checking this out in Amazon.

    Talk Supe

  1. A'lina said...:

    This sounds like a really fun read! Thanks for the review!

  1. Jana said...:

    I had really been curious about this one, and I am so glad to know it's funny! I love a little humor in my books, and I'm really excited to read this one now. :) Thanks for reviewing it! Not many people have. :)

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

  1. Unknown said...:

    Intriguing plot.. sounds unique!
    Love books with some ancient mythology references.. will have to get my hands on a copy!

    -Laura
    http://whats--hot.com

  1. Unknown said...:

    My best friend loved this one! I'm glad you enjoyed it too and I can't wait to dive in to it soon as I'm able to. Lovely review!

  1. This sounds like a fun read! greek mythology and fashion? Cool!

  1. deasuluna said...:

    I love Greek Mythology so I tend to pick up a lot books about it doesn't matter if its fiction or non fiction I read them but lately I haven't because the mesh of modern stories with the myths doesn't always work for me. However, this looks like a good read worth picking up. Great review!

  1. What an interesting cover! Just looking at it you would have no idea what it was really about. Angels, fashion, and mythology? Haha.

  1. I love Greek mythology and this sounds like a fun take on it. Very interesting indeed! :)

  1. Well, thanks to your BEA giveaway, I am leaving a comment on the review of Sirenz. Otherwise, I never would have looked at it. The cover definitely doesn't scream to me to read the book. Judging a book by its cover and all that jazz, I know. But that's how it is. So, like I was saying, thanks to your giveaway, this book will be added to my TBR ASAP list. If there is that much laughter in a book, then that book is for me.

  1. Lili said...:

    So, I really love books that involve mythology. And I think it's safe to say that a girl loves a lighter read every now and then. This book seems to be a good combo of both! It's hard to find a lighter read dealing with mythology because mythology is such a heavy topic and if not executed properly, the book will flop completely. This seems to be an interesting angel and a fun taken on Hades and Sirens. Cute.

  1. Unknown said...:

    Sounds like an interesting take on Hades and Sirens. Two unlikely friends up to a strange task. Getting a blind and death man to the Underworld?! Weird request. I love funny books and Hades sounds intriguing.