Search This Blog

After All by Deborah Raney

Saturday, June 2, 2012
 

 Eighteen months after the tragic Grove Street Fire took the life of her husband, David, and four other heroic firefighters, Susan Marlowe thinks she’s finally beginning to heal. But then she discovers that David carried a secret to his grave. A secret that changes everything she thought their marriage had been. For the sake of their sons, can Susan forgive the unforgivable? Andrea Morley lost her closest friend in the fire. But she has no right to mourn him. Instead, she must forever grieve in silence—because her dearest friend was someone else’s husband. Peter Brennan carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. As Hanover Falls’ fire chief, he was responsible for the brave firefighters who lost their lives that awful November night. Can he ever shake the feeling that he should have somehow prevented the tragedy? As he tries to rebuild the team at Clemens County’s Station 2, it seems he might find comfort in the arms of the woman he least expected.

Goodreads Summary


 Raney has a skill for writing Christian fiction.  The best part of Raney’s writing may be that the characters are human.  They have flaws and talents just like everyone else.  In this third novel of the Hanover Falls series, the town is trying to recover from the devastating fire that took the lives of five brave firefighters.  The families and friends were left behind must somehow pull through their loss and move forward, with God.  They must look past the secrets that fill the small town and forgive each other and themselves.
    This book is very well written and truly made me see the entire story unfolding in my head.  I liked being able to visualize and understand the scenarios as they played out.  Although I only read this last novel, I hope to read the first two.  The mystery of the book pulls the reader in; I always thought I knew what was coming next but was rarely ever right.  Romance also kept my attention, it added spark to my reading.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading this novel and give it five out of five stars.     

5 Stars

*Reviewed by Kristin*

Find this book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
The Book Depository


This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this series but it sounds sad, yet powerful. Great review! :)

  1. Unknown said...:

    I love romance. This sounds like a sad story. The town had quite a devastating fire if they lost 5 fireman.