Search This Blog

Sports Time

Thursday, November 10, 2011
Written by my friend Constance Hayden

Watching sports is big in my family and now that my husband and I have this huge new house everyone feels like they’re automatically invited to come over on weekends to watch whatever game is going on. I didn’t mind it at first: I’d just put out some chips and turn on the direct tv espnu and let them go to town, but now I feel like all my weekends are being taken over by mooching friends and family. I really don’t know how to tactfully tell them to stop coming, though, so I guess I’ve kind of made my bed when it comes to them being here. I just wish I had known it would turn into this when I first invited everyone – I would have made sure they understood it was a one time offer and not something that was going to happen every weekend! I guess it’s better to have too many friends than not enough but this is sort of getting ridiculous.

0 comments: