Search This Blog

Guest Post with Cesya MaRae Cuono

Thursday, August 18, 2011


When Callie Pierce was ten, her mother disappeared without a trace. On the eve of her disappearance twelve years later, the Earth seemingly comes alive. The elements speak to Callie, and that's only the beginning. Everything she has ever known was a twisted fabrication to protect her. Now the truth is set free. Callie and her sister are more powerful than any Faerie ever born. Now they have to use their powers to save their mother and family from the evil hands of fate that threaten to tear them apart. Welcome to her elemental reality.

Goodreads Summary

I thought of it while I was showering.  My mind is constantly in motion and for        this particular scene I imagined, I’m glad it was. From that one scene the rest of the plot came about. Needless to say that plot changed about a million and one times as I continued to write. Because I didn’t have an outline to follow or to keep my brain on track, I was constantly changing things. For instance, when I would start a chapter I knew exactly how I wanted it to end. Like the perfect spot for it. So off I’d go with the chapter. My fingers typing at warped speed. Then I’d come to a scene and read it over and over and think to myself “I don’t like this” and then I’d change it. Because of that one change everything else after changed and that perfect ending I had was now buried six feet under somewhere out in the woods for no one to ever find. I sometimes think back to my original endings and say “What the hell were you thinking, Cesya?” Turns out my brain is actually awesome when it veers off path because it knows what it’s doing. I think that might be why I never wrote an outline for my novel. My brain wouldn’t allow it because it knew exactly what was going to happen in the story but failed to send those thoughts to that part of my brain. What awful communication we  have. Is it weird that I’m talking about my brain as if it were a real person? (shrugs) Maybe. At least I don’t talk out loud to myself and then answer myself. I swear I don’t. Aah, I veered off topic. Stupid brain. What was the topic again? Oh yeah! My plot.        I think what really helped the plot along is that fact that I’ve never heard or read a story quite like mine before. I wanted to be different. Yes there are stories about Faeries but there aren’t stories about Alkuaine Faeries. I love my brain.

Thank you for being with us, Cesya!

0 comments: